“Holy Listening” describes a covenant
in which two persons pledge to listen together
for God’s voice in one of their lives.
By listening and reflecting together for a time,
we seek to discern God’s leading.
What May Be Nudging You Toward Spiritual Accompaniment?
• Your heart yearns for a closer connection with the Source of Life
• Your mind seeks to understand more about Christian or interfaith spiritual traditions
• Your body thirsts to drink deeply of Living Water
• Your restless soul longs to rest in God
• You sense a desire for greater purpose and meaning
• You notice the Holy Spirit nudging you out of your comfort zone
Why Could This Be the Time to Explore Spiritual Direction?
• You face a major decision or transition in love or work
• Life is just too busy. You need a break and yearn to simply rest in Sacred Presence
• You seem to be hearing Deep calling to deep but aren’t sure what to do next
• Friends, family or colleagues are coming to you for spiritual help
• You want to feel more at home in yourself so you can be more fully present to others
• You sense a connection between the words “prayer” and “precarious”
• You need encouragement to take the risks of turning toward Sacred Mystery
• You’ve heard that God leads each person in a unique way and you want to explore
how God may be at work in your life
Why Seek a Spiritual Companion?
• You seek a seasoned spiritual guide who can help you discover
what God is inviting you toward
• You want to confide in someone you can trust
• You hope for unconditional acceptance, steady prayer and tender care
• You want to meet with someone outside your own denominational circle
What is Spiritual Direction?
Spiritual Direction is an ancient ministry, a covenant friendship of prayerful, soulful listening.
• To assist you in noticing, naming and savoring the daily presence of Sacred Mystery
• To support you in discerning and responding to the call of The Holy One
• To celebrate any surprising moments of union with the Source of Love
Spiritual Directors – listen carefully to your hopes and hurts, explore the deeper dimensions of your yearnings and disappointments, and help you discover how The Holy Mystery may be addressing you.
Spiritual Direction — is a delicate process of listening deeply as you tell your sacred stories, wondering with you about God’s guidance, and holding you in Light and Love during and between sessions.
Spiritual Direction – can be a life-changing experience of communion with God/Christ/Spirit while navigating spiritual heights, hidden depths and shadowy realms.
Spiritual Directors —meet regularly (usually once a month) as you share and explore your journey of faith.
Spiritual Direction — This term has a long, rich history within the monastic tradition. Today, “spiritual direction” means more “holy listening” and less “direction” in the sense of giving direct advice, though it sometimes happens.
A Spiritual Director —is a privileged witness to your journey with God. The focus is on the relationship between you and The Holy rather than with your guide.
Spiritual Direction – fosters and witnesses transcendent experiences beyond language, exquisite moments you long to articulate and assimilate into everyday life.
Spiritual Direction – ripens “the fruit of the spirit” within you, promoting justice by strengthening your capacity to practice love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-mastery in daily interactions.